Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Patching up

I learnt something very important today. I guess its something thats very obvious to most people, the concept has always been pretty clear, but I never applied it myself.

I had a fight with one of my good friends a couple of weeks back. At that time, I felt mad. I was mad for more than a week. Maybe I am still a bit mad. But not mad enough to not feel bad that things have gotten pretty cold between us. There is no communication unless absolutely necessary. I felt like I was losing a friend. The part of me that was mad didn't care. Its one friend less... so what! But a big part of me felt bad at the thought of losing a friend. Its ONE friend less! :(

So for the first time in my life, I decided to let go of my anger, my ego and everything else that has come in between me and my friends in the past. With many other friends of mine. And I made an effort to patch things up.

I don't know how things between the two of us will turn out. Maybe this fight is not such a big deal. Maybe in another week we'll be having dinner, laughing over everything thats so wonderful about life. Or maybe in another week, I will still be trying to patch things up bit by bit. I don't know. But I am not going to lose a friend. Its just too hard.

Because today I realised, a few years down the line, I might not remember what we fought over, I might not remember who was right and who was wrong, I might not even remember who started the fight. But I will regret not being the one to end it and I will regret having let my anger and ego come in the way of things between us. I will only remember that I lost someone over something stupid. I really hope things work out and that I will look back at this someday and laugh at what a big deal I made about the whole issue.

I also hope I will never forget the lesson I learnt today.

3 comments:

Anusha said...

Aw, that's my girl! I'm proud of ya! It feels good not to be in a fight with someone, no? :) Keep up the great attitude! :D

And I'm sure you'll laugh at this several years down the line. Maybe even at her wedding! ;)

soleil said...

Soleil doesn't know what to say so she'll do what she can: *HUGZ*

Vaijayanta Chattoraj said...

Macho Girl is becoming more and more mature. I can see that. :)

Nice post.

Have a Nice Day and Take Care.

Cheers,

Vaijayanta.