Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slipping through my fingers...

Time is such a precious thing. I always believed it was important to spend it carefully because time once lost will not come back. And I also believe that since time is such a precious thing, the people you decide to share a bulk of your time with must be people of great value to you...

Somehow the past four years have just flown by me. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was this clueless undergrad desperately clinging on to the map of the campus, excited to enter airconditioned lecture theatres, thrilled that I got to decide how long I stay up and when I get up the next day morning and just generally savouring the freedoms of a hostel undergrad.

Through the whole process, I spent most of the last four years, in university, with someone very very special to me... Its very weird to think that day after tomorrow, things are going to change forever for the two of us... no more late night marathons, no more maggi, no more midnight subway, no more lab cribbing, no more thai express once a week, no more 3 for 10s, no more surprise earrings, no more spontaneous GV movies, no more talks by the waterfront, no more Heroes or Smallville together (after tonight), no more reading week schedules, no more group assignments, no more literature or linguistics, no more ice lemon tea breaks, no more trips to the swimming pool (no more singing underwater!), no more cycling by the beach, no more sunsets, but most importantly.... no more of spending every waking moment together... how am I going to get used to not having all these things and much more

Obviously just this one post wont suffice for me to say how much you have changed my life and how much I am going to miss you...

And girl, at the end of four years, I gotta say....

Every moment was worth it...

2 comments:

simplime said...

:) :)

Anusha said...

It's been a great 4 years, and it's going to last a long, long time. It doesn't matter if we don't get to do all those things together ... we'll still be as close as we are now. Trust me. *hugs tight, tight, tight* :D