Thursday, August 05, 2010

Monday Morning Pinks!

Well, I didn't know what was the opposite of "monday morning blues", so there! This shall be the title of my post!

I have nothing to be cheerful about on Monday mornings. Especially considering that I work 7 days a week and there exists no such this as a "weekend" that I come back from on Mondays.

However, this Monday, I had a reason to rejoice. I have learnt to find pleasure in the little things in life. So of course when I saw that Dawn had fixed a small hitch we had been having over the weekend with our project, I was in a pretty good mood.

Down in the animal facility, I enjoy a certain level of anonymity because of the required dress code of a full apron that covers me, face mask, hair net and the works. So unless somebody knows me by my eyes (or my height), you wouldn't know its me. Taking advantage of this, I opened my dancy songs list on my iPod and set right out to work and danced quite a bit. It was early in the morning and nobody was there! Or at least nobody was SUPPOSED to be there.

A fellow researcher spotted me dancing away to glory in the experiment room and decided to come in a congratulate me on my awesome dance skills! :"> :">

He said: "You must be in a really good mood to be able to dance on a Monday morning right after coming early to work!!! You made my day! :)"

I should do my morning dance more often :)

1 comment:

doublehead said...

I wonder if there is a surveilance video camera in the animal room, I would like to have a copy of the MONDAY morning dance. AWESOME dance skills yay? This one I got to see girl!!