Ok first of all...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope everybody has a rocking year ahead!
I am entering this new year with mixed feelings. In a strange way, I feel like entering 2010 means I am shedding the last strings of attachment to Singapore. I don't understand why. I guess its because as long as I was in 2009, I knew that half of it was spent in a country that became (and still is in a way) my second home. In this sense, I kinda didn't want to come into the new year.
But there is so much that's going to happen this year, its exciting and scary at the same time!
Hopefully, by December 2010, I would have crossed all of these things off the list
- Get an American Driver's license
- Own a car (woohoo! can't wait!)
- Get a couple of credit cards (my first ever ones... I am growing up!)
- Settle in a lab that will be my home for the next 5 years
- Settle in a program in the university that I will graduate under
- Complete a good chunk of my qualifying exam proposal (if not all of it!)
- Get more furniture in my apartment and settle down properly into my apartment
- No longer call this place "my apartment" and call it "home" instead
- Travel to at least 3-4 places outside of Dallas (at least 2 outside Texas)
- At least one of the above mentioned travels should be a road trip in my own car
Wow... half this list has to be completed within the next 3 months! Now that's scary....
None of these qualify as a new year's "resolution". Because resolutions are often broken. If I don't complete this list, I am screwed! Except the travelling part :P That's the distract myself from all the hard work that precedes it!
I never ever imagined that my first car would be bought because it was absolutely essential for survival in a city. I always thought it would be something that I buy because I can, not because I have to :( *sigh*
Anyways, here's hoping that this blog will see more posts this coming year, including pictures to mark the accomplishment of tasks from my list above!
P.S.: I have some pretty AWESOME pictures that would be such jewels in my blog however, stupid blogger just won't let me upload them! :( Will try to get them up asap! :)